Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to my crib

(I know I promised this some time ago, but if I may quote two clichés: easier said than done & better late than never...)

So I hope you're happy! =P I just sat in this chair for the better part of an entire day in order to upload this short video, a tour of my house in the village. I wanted to add some captions to it, but at this point I'm too sick of sitting here! You're all smarties -- I think you'll be able to figure most things out. And sorry the quality isn't great, but it gives you an idea.

Disclaimer: For the record, I know that I'm not "roughing it" as much as I could be, and not nearly as much as I did before in Mauritania. I'm grateful for my nice little house here!

1 comments:

musicditdot

Well, Julie Ann, you may not be "roughing" it when you compare it to your situation in Mauritania (that's obvious), but compared to most all your friends, I'm guessing you are living in what many would consider, at least, sub-par conditions. It does look adequate and nice enough to work. I haven't gotten a chance to hear your mom's accounts of your travel's, but I did look at your pictures on here and it looks like you two had some wonderful adventures. Speaking of the other side of luxury, Phil and I are going on C.J.'s cruise ship all next week, to the Western Caribbean, so your mom and I have plans to get together the Friday after her inservice days, the following week. I continue to pray for your safety, wisdom, education, and adventures there. I am very proud of you, my niece, and the difference you are making in God's world. Love you, lots. Aunt Dot