Monday, October 5, 2009

Take 2

Hello, world! This is just a quick entry to announce the unveiling of this beautiful new blog. I recently attended a wedding (shout-out to Brandon & Mel!) where the overarching theme was GREEN, symbolizing new birth. I'm feelin' it.

This is a new beginning for me, and I will be moving to much greener pastures -- literally. Mauritania was 75% Sahara desert, and Rwanda is the temperate, grassy "land of a thousand hills." It will be a welcome shock to go from 120 degrees every day to 75-80, all year round!

I head to orientation tomorrow, fly out of JFK Wednesday, arrive in Rwanda Thursday. Peace Corps, part deux...

5 comments:

DM

I'm so excited Jules! Here's to hoping this is the first of many, many *easily* uploaded entries. I'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear about this next part of your journey.

Shelton Green

We will both be at NYC airports on Wednesday. So close yet so far. I am flying back to tx from LGA (laguardia). Would love to connect if there is any chance. Rock Rwanda! Blessings.

teresa

What a beautiful blog julie :) ... you know ill be your biggest fan now that im going to have to read about your adventures in africa instead of living them with you. love you and miss you so much already!!!

Chante'

Best Wishes to you Julie! I feel like a stalker but I'm TOTALLY NOT! Your blogs are so inspirational and show the ups and downs of your time in the Corps. Can't wait to write my own and experience things for myself. Thanks for sharing and answering my questions. Take Care and God Bless!

musicditdot

Best wishes and all good blessings be yours. Love ya.
Aunt Dot